Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Summer



I am really looking forward to summer. Which is actually pretty weird, because I am such a winter guy. I am looking forward to the summer for many reasons. I love my youth kids, and the summer gives me a lot more opportunities to hang out with awesome kids like this... 


























This summer like most summers will find me traveling a ton. To start off the summer we have our amazing youth camp. This year we are actually doing our own youth camp, which we have never done before, and it is going to be awesome. Check out the video that shows the campground, it is phenomenal 





Then after that I get back and have one week before I lead a local junior high mission trip. We then come back from that and have a week before Sarah and I leave for the great country of Ireland! We will be going back again this year, and I will be leading a youth camp over there. 

Another reason my summers are awesome? Disc golf. We get extra time in the day now so that I can play the awesomest game in the world (yes, I know awesomest is not a word, BUT any sport that is that awesome deserves its own word). 

My Wife = obviously the main reason that my summers are awesome. We bought a house last summer that has an awesome front porch, and I am planning on spending many a night just hanging out with that super amazing wife of mine. 

All of the above reasons are awesome...BUT...Spring Break, and Summer brings about one of my favorite times of year...SNO CONE TIME!!! We have a really good friend who opened his own Sno Cone stand last year (Insert shameless plug...Shaved Ice Shack on Rebecca Lane in front of Betty Roses & on South 14th in front of Hastings). His sno cone stand makes me happy. Joel and I went to that Sno cone stand at least 5-14 times per week. (Sarah would go a lot too, but she is slightly more healthy-minded than Joel and I, so she would limit herself to at most 3 times per week). There were many times that Joel & I would call our friend Mike right before he was closing and ask him to make us one for the road. He created the most amazing flavor of Sno Cone in the world, Blue Eagle. However, Blue Eagle has some...well, interesting side effects to a persons....



Okay, so it doesn't give you any of those awful ailments (I just always look for a good reason to throw in a good Scrubs clip). It just turns thing more...green than they normall are. But its so worth it, its amazing. Go there, thank me later, and have a great summer 

1 comment:

  1. Your so funny! :) I love reading what you write even if it isn't always grammatically correct :D

    ReplyDelete